Porsche's worldwide sales are up by 7% with 126,497 units delivered to customers in the first half of the year. However, it's not the 911 that's driving those sales or even the Boxster or Cayman for that matter. Instead, it's the Macan, Panamera and to a lesser extent the Cayenne models.
According to Detlev von Platen, Member of the Executive Board responsible for Sales and Marketing, the figures prove that the new Panamera has provided Porsche with a huge boost. “The enthusiastic response from customers has been overwhelming. The plug-in hybrid versions and the new Sport Turismo version of the Panamera will provide us with even more momentum”, explains the Member of the Executive Board. “The highly attractive products and unique brand experience that Porsche offers are the foundation of our success”, Platen continues.
PORSCHE'S KEY GROWTH DRIVERS IN THE FIRST HALF OF 2017
- The Macan is far and away Porsche's largest drive of growth and their highest volume model line. For the first half of 2017 Macan sales are up 11% to 50,000 units delivered.
- The Panamera recorded the highest percentage growth over the same period last year with an increase of 54% (Porsche doesn't details total delivery figures for the Panamera, however).
- The Cayenne was the second most popular model line. A total of 35,601 Cayennes were delivered to customers.P
- Porsche reports that sales of both the Cayman and Boxster have increased but don't provide specifics. We know in the U.S. the numbers have decreased and in Canada the Cayman numbers are way off from last year.
- China continues it dominance as the largest single market for Porsche. A total of 35,864 vehicles were delivered. This represents an 18% increase over the same period last year.