For the last 8 weeks we've looked at the new regulations Porsche must abide by for this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans. In this week's video we learn the answers to a number of questions about Porsche's choice of engine for the 919 including:
1. When and why Porsche chose to go back to Le Mans
2. How long it takes to develop an engine at Porsche
3. Why Porsche chose a 4-cylinder engine
4. The secret to making an engine powerful, efficient and reliable
5. The differences between a six-hour race engine and a 24-hour race engine
Only 3 weeks and 3 video remain before the legendary race. If you've missed an episode and want to review here's a link to each week so far.
- Weeks 1 & 2: Porsche’s Returning To The 24 Hours of Le Mans. These Are The Rules They’ll Have To Play By
- Week 3: This Is Why Tires Play Such A Big Role In The LMP1 Class This Year
- Week 4: Did You Know That Each Team Is Allocated Fuel On A Per Lap Basis During The 24 Hours Of Le Mans?
- Week 5: The Rule Of Fule At The 24 Hours of Le Mans
- Week 6: The Driver's Role In The 24 Hours of Le Mans
- Week 7: How Will Changes To the Safety Regulations Affect Racing During The 24 Hours of Le Mans
- Week 8: How The New Regulations Affect Aerodynamics On The LMP1 Cars In The 24 Hours of Le Mans