Brumos Porsche confirmed today the production of five rare, factory-built 911 Carrera GTS B59 Edition Coupes.
"Our special B59 Edition project is nearing completion and soon the driving fun will begin," said Ray Shaffer, Brumos Porsche General Manager. "It is an honor and a pleasure to be involved so closely with the Porsche factory in Germany and here in the States during the creation of these special 911s – the last of the popular 997 model line and a fitting tribute to Hurley Haywood's amazing record of overall wins at the Daytona 24 Hours (1973, '75, '77, '79 and '91)."
The 2012 911 Carrera GTS B59 Edition Coupes will all be finished in Carrara White and feature a Black Full Leather interior with Alcantara trim. In addition to the many standard comfort and performance features found on the 408HP Carrera GTS, the five B59 Editions will include;
- Brumos Red/Blue stripe design for the front hood and rear deck
- Brumos Red/Blue stripe "PORSCHE" door decals
- Exterior mirrors in Black
- 19" Sport Classic Wheel (Fuchs style)
- Interior limitation badges
- Door entry guards in Stainless Steel with "Hurley Haywood" engraved signature
- Deviating (dual stripe) stitching in Red/Blue on steering wheel and gear/brake lever
- Carrara White painted interior accents including Adaptive Sport Seat Backrests
Performance and comfort options include;
- Sport Chrono Package Plus
- Sport Shifter
- Sports Suspension including PASM and Limited Slip Rear Differential Lock
- BOSE Surround Sound System
- XM Satellite Radio Receiver
- Extended Navigation Module for PCM 3.0
- Heated Front Seats
"In creating the 2012 911 Carrera GTS B59 Editions, we want to honor the close working relationship Brumos has always enjoyed with the factory over the years," continued Shaffer. "The late Peter Gregg often ordered unique street and race cars for himself through his factory connections and we want to revive that same spirit today. Our desire for the five 911s is to be uniquely tailored directly from the factory and free of aftermarket add-ons – something no other Porsche dealer has offered. I am excited to say, we may have exceeded our goals."
To commemorate the concept and build process, each 2012 Carrera GTS B59 Edition will be delivered with a factory produced photo book. This special, coffee table-style book properly documents the history, heritage and pedigree of the 2012 911 Carrera GTS B59 Edition.
"The 911 Carrera GTS B59 Edition is cause for celebration on many levels and we want to make sure it receives the recognition and fanfare it so richly deserves," added Brumos Porsche Sales Manager Brandon Starks. "We have several customer event concepts being discussed right now including the 50th Anniversary Rolex 24 at Daytona January 28-29th, 2012."
Pricing For The Brumos B59 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
The 2012 911 Carrera GTS B59 Edition will carry a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $133,540.
Other Porsche Blog Posts You Will Enjoy
Behind the Scenes at the Delivery of the 911 GT3 Cup 4.0 Brumos Commemorative Edition
Brumos Wins Rolex Grand-Am GT Season Title in First Season with Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
How Brumos Endures