After all the rumor and speculation surrounding the “world premier” at the LA Auto Show, Porsche managed to surprise some and disappoint others. Here at PorschePurist, we were hoping for the new Boxster but expected a drop top version of the new 991. So we were a bit surprised when Porsche took the spotlight off the North American premier of the new 911 and shifted it to a GTS version of the Panamera.
Porsche Panamera GTS
Taking a page from the 911 playbook, Porsche places the new Panamera GTS smack dab between the 4S and Turbo. With 30 more horses than the S/4S, the Porsche Panamera GTS produces 430 horses from its modified, normally aspirated power plant. In addition to the increased horse power, buyers will find the torque increased by 15 lb. ft and the brakes replaced with larger ones straight from the Panamera Turbo.
Additional Panamera GTS Features
- PDK with Sports Chrono (and launch control) for 0 to 60 times of 4.3 seconds
- Top speed of 178 mph
- Porsche Active Suspension Managment (PASM) adjusts spring rate and height while electronically modulating the dampening system
- Redline up 400 RPM to 7100
- Sound Symposer (fancy name for the new sports exhaust system found on the 991) for additional “aural excitement”
- Porsche Dynamic Chassic Control (PDCC) to prevent body roll
- Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) varies torque distribution to the rear wheels and incorporates an electronically controlled rear differential lock
- Exterior “black” appearance package is standard
- Standard 18 way adaptive seats trimmed with Alcantara and leather