Last August Porsche announced Rennsport Reunion VI would be held this coming September. Since then, other than October’s announcement that tickets were now on sale, we haven’t heard much. Well, we gleaned another tidbit of information last night.
Guardians of Porsche Winemaker’s Dinner
As most of you know, it’s the Amelia Island Concours this weekend. As part of those festivities, Porsche holds their annual Guardians of Porsche Wine Maker’s Dinner. This exclusive event should be on the bucket list of any die-hard Porsche fan as it’s a wonderful evening of like minded individuals, a chance to mingle with the celebrities in the world of Porsche, meet up with old and new friends, enjoy great food and wine and listen to some wonderful stories.
We were fortunate enough to attend last night’s dinner
Each year Porsche honors those that have earned the right to be called “Guardians of Porsche”. Last night’s Guardians included Peter Schutz, Dan Gurney and Brumos’ Dan Davis. Amelia Island Concours’ own Bill Warner acted as MC last night along with PNCA’s VP of Marketing Andre Oosthuizen. At the end of the event, Andre stood to make one last announcement. As the crowd quieted down to hear, Andre let the room know that thanks to all of his past contributions and continued work as a “Guardian of Porsche” that Bill Warner was named as a Co-Grand Marshal for Renssport Reunion VI. It was a great moment, one that’s well deserved and surprised Bill enough that he was moved to tears.
While a few names have been thrown out as who the other Co-Grand Marshal will be, we’ve heard nothing official yet. We’ll update you as soon as we hear more.
Grand Marshal’s of past Rennsport Reunions
- Rennsport Reunion V: Jacky Ickx and Hurley Haywood
- Rennsport Reunion IV: Jerry Seinfeld and Norbert Singer
- Rennsport Reunion III: Porsche Cars North America President and Chief Executive Officer, Peter Schwarzenbauer, and Porsche Panorama Editor, Betty Jo Turner
- Rennsport Reunion II: Peter Schwarzenbauer, President and CEO of Porsche Cars North America and Chris Economaki, founder of the National Speed Sport News
- Rennsport Reunion II: Fred Schwab, president of PCNA, and Leon Mandel, publisher of AutoWeek