A lot of you, I’m sure, already know the benefits of attending the annual PCA Parade. According to the Parade’s website, “In addition to the traditional car related activities you can enjoy a golf tournament, a 5K Run/Walk, RC Car racing, and the Tech Quiz. We will offer numerous tours to local attractions to introduce you to the great Chicago area, as well as give a little free-time to relax and enjoy it. We also promise plenty of opportunities to socialize with friends new and old. The Parade is the best of PCA all in one action packed week.”
As if that wasn’t enough FlatSixes.com has a few more reasons you might want to attend:
- Win one of five free cases of Mobil 1 Oil for your Porsche
- See an incredible collection of early and historic Porsches from PorschePurist sponsor Road Scholars
- Compete against the FlatSixes.com crew in the Mobil 1 Time Speed Distance Rally
1. Win one of Five Cases of Mobil 1 Oil
Here’s how you can win:
- Spread the word. We want people to know about Mobil 1’s involvement with Porsche and the PCA so help us spread the word by posting a link to this article on another Porsche related web-site, Porsche based forum or other automotive enthusiast site. Once you post the link, let us know by commenting below (be sure to include your email and let us know where you posted the link by giving us the URL. This can be a forum like Rennlist, your Facebook profile, Twitter account, etc.). We’ll randomly pick two winners from this group of entries on the day of the TSD.
- Follow-us on Twitter. Do you Tweet? If so, you can win a case of Mobil 1 oil. How? Simple. Follow PorschePurist on Twitter. We’ll keep a list of all those who start following us as of the publication of this post. We’ll randomly pick one of the next 100 people who sign up to follow our updates and announce the winner on the day of the TSD. It’s that simple.
- Find us at Parade. PorschePurist will be participating in the TSD on July 5th and enjoying the other events with everyone else. Valerie, Christian and Andrew will be wearing FlatSixes.com polo shirts (and also have some goodies to hand out). The first person to find them at Parade, mention this post and ask for a case of Mobil 1 will win. Make sure when you see Valerie, Christian or Andrew you give them your preferred choice of oil and your address!!!
- Random Reader. If you want a case of oil and feel like telling us why we should send one to you, comment below. The best reason, as determined by our judges (that’s me) wins!!!
Historic Porsches on Display from the Road Scholars
Kevin and Cam from the Road Scholars (that’s them up above) are known for an inventory of hard to find, quality Porsche 356s and other early air-cooled beauties along with a restoration shop that completes award winning projects. However, did you know they were also the stewards of the Ingram Collection (a private collection unrivaled in its depth and breadth of early air-cooled production Porsches and limited edition newer models). On display this year at the PCA Concours will be the following:
- 1952 356 Porsche Cabriolet– One of only a handful that came into the US in 1952. Full Concours
- 1958 356A Speedster– A totally blank kardex Speedster from the factory. Full Conours
- 1963 356B Super 90– Dr. Bill Jackson’s first Porsche. Entered in the Touring Class
- 1973 911T- Entered in the Performance Class
Historic Porsches from the Ingram Collection
- 1949 Gmund Coupe
- 1952 American Roadster
- 1956 Sunroof Coupe
- 1959 Carrera GT
- 2010 Sport Classic or 2010 GT3 RS
Compete against the FlatSixes.com team in the Mobil1 TSD
Just like last year, FlatSixes.com will be taking part in the Mobil 1 Time Speed Distance Rally on July 5th. The big difference this year is that “Fritz” will be along for the ride with Valerie and Christian. Fritz is Valerie’s Porsche Cayman S that’s tricked out with GT3 seats and Schroth harnesses on the inside and lots of other performance goodies to boot.
However, as anyone that’s ever competed in a TSD event before can tell you, performance doesn’t really matter. The biggest challenge the PorschePurist team faces is going to be staying within the time limits!! 🙂 If you’re planning on participating in the Mobil 1 TSD, be on the lookout for our team and be sure to introduce yourself.
If you can’t make it to the PCA Parade this year, be sure to check out FlatSixes.com as we will be posting lots and lots of pics, live blogging when we can, tweeting when we can’t and giving a daily round-up while we’re there.