One of the great things about writing this blog and attending various motorsport events are the people you meet. In fact, that’s one of the best things about owning and driving a Porsche. Over the last year I’ve had the great pleasure of meeting hundreds of Porsche owners and motorsport fans. One such person is Mark White.
If you’re not familiar with Mark, he’s a professional driver currently racing in the Grand-Am KONI Challenge. Mark started his career in the PCA club racing series and quickly escalated and improved through D Sport Racers (21 wins across the PCA, SCCA and NASA) ALMS IMSA lite series, and eventually into Grand-Am racing to drive various marqes (including Porsche) in both the ST and GT classes. Along the way, Mark has shared the driver’s seat with the likes of the legendary Randy Pobst and continues to perform and accel in the 2009 KONI Challenge with FlatSixes.com’s Christian Maloof as one of his co-drivers.
As I got to know Mark (and his wife Amy) it became abundantly clear that they are both genuine and honest people with a drive to succeed on and off the track. Mark’s passion for motorsport, and more specifically for all things Porsche, blends seamlessly with his creation and ownership of Accumoto Motorsport. Accumoto is a race prep shop and authorized distributor of APR Engineered Performance Components.
So, what is this, some type of love letter to Mark? Not at all. 🙂 Mark is a friend and his business is celebrating its 5th Anniversary this weekend and doing so in style. If you’re a Porsche owner, fan or motorsport enthusiast and live in the mid-west near Mark’s shop, you’re going to want to stop by. Not only will you get the chance to see some incredible street and race prepared Porsches and other manufacturers, you can tour the shop, meet Mark, meet Randy Pobst (former Porsche factory driver and multiple 24 Hours of Daytona winner and ’07/’08 Speed World Challenge GT champion), chat with various manufacturer reps and benefit from some great on-site discounts including products from APR (did I mention the free food and drinks?). If you want to attend or you’re just curious, check out the full event information below or on Mark’s site. If you do go, make sure you tell him I said hello!!!
Come celebrate Accumoto’s 5th Anniversary!
WHAT: Accumoto’s weekend open house featuring amazing cars, performance car components and great company.
WHEN: June 13 & 14, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHERE: 301 Raemisch Rd., Waunakee, WI 53597
WHO: Accumoto Motorsport is the Midwest’s premier shop specializing in street and track car tuning, preparation and support. For more information, visit www.accumoto.com
SOMETHING FOR THE CAR LOVER IN EVERYONE
- Tour the shop and check out awesome vehicles on display, from street tuners to full race cars: Porsches, two Audi R8s (tuned by PPI Design), 2 race Vipers (provided by NAARA) and multiple cutting edge IMSA Lites race cars for you to explore.
- Chat with manufacturer representatives and discuss performance options for your Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW or VW.
- Visit with a number of colorful car world personalities including multiple 24 Hours of Daytona winner and ’07/’08 Speed World Challenge GT champion Randy Pobst!
- Meet representatives from Prairie Hills Motorsport Club, Audi Club (Chicago Chapter), NAARRA (North American Road Racing Association) and more.
- Learn more about your car’s performance from tech seminars from Discount Tire and data masters Fast Tech Limited, dent removal specialist Dentman, Inc., vehicle wrap specialists Speedpro Imaging and window tinting master Eclipse.
- Reap the rewards of vendor discounts available to attendees. Premier tuner APR will be among them, fresh off their KONI Challenge win at Watkins Glen offering tech seminars and sale pricing.
- Discuss options for your Kart with specialists Franklin Motorsports.
There will be catered food and refreshments. Make us the destination of your weekend drive!
FlatSixes.com’s Christian Maloof in his Professional Racing Debut
Christian Maloof to Drive in the Grand-Am KONI Challenge
FlatSixes.com Sponsors Driver Christian Maloof in 2009 NASA German Touring Car Series
[Source: Acumoto Motorsport and Valerie Roedenbeck]