The results are in and it should come as no surprise to anyone that’s been following Porsche’s monthly sales reports, 2016 was another record year. All-in-all, Porsche delivered 237,778 vehicles world wide – that’s a 6% increase over 2015’s record total. According to Porsche, the Macan and new 718 Boxster, along with growth in Europe, the USA and China were key factors in their positive results.
“Our strong product range has enabled us to once again exceed the high levels from the previous year”, says Oliver Blume, Chairman of the Executive Board of Porsche AG. “Porsche is synonymous with emotion and quality. The positive trend in the global markets confirms how enthusiastic our customers are.” However, he adds that exclusivity is more important to Porsche than sales targets. Detlev von Platen, Member of the Executive Board responsible for Sales and Marketing, gives further reasons for this clear growth: “the strength of the brand and the exceptionally motivated dealership network, which we have continued to expand”.
Porsche’s Key Growth Drivers in 2016
- 12,848 deliveries of the 718 Boxster, exceeding last year’s result by 9%
- Sales of the 911 grew 2% to a total of 32,409
- The best selling Porsche was the Macan. Growing 19% from last year, sales reached a total of 95,642
- China grew by 12% as Porsche’s largest single market for total deliveries of 65,246
- The USA, now Porsche’s second largest single market, grew by 5% over 2015 to a total of 54,280 vehicles delivered
Porsche’s good fortune should continue
The coming weeks will see the launch of the completely redeveloped second generation of the Panamera in the USA and China. The shooting-brake version – the Panamera Sport Turismo – will celebrate its world premiere in March at the Geneva Motor Show.