Torrential rains and a hard crash restricted Porsche to a 3rd place finish last year in the GTLM class. This year, with a new car and some new talent in the mix, we’re hopeful that Porsche can take the top step at Sebring. So, how can you stay up to date with their efforts? Aside from the usual television and radio broadcasts, today we have online streaming, live in-car video, and most importantly, the world of social media.
For long endurance races like this one, Twitter can be an invaluable source of information. Not only can Twitter provide an up-to-the-minute view of what’s happening in the race, it can connect you with intimate details and insight from the drivers and teams themselves. In fact, I know of no other way to stay as closely and accurately informed about what’s happening in the Porsche world before, during and after the race (even if you were at the event itself) than through the “Twittersphere”. You just need to know who to follow.
- The official Hashtag is #Sebring12
- The WeatherTech SportsCar Championship’s official account is @IMSA
- Sebring International Raceway’s official account is @SebringRaceway
- Also follow @Porsche
- Porsche Motorsport North America @PorscheNARacing
- Porsche Motorsport – GT Cars @PorscheRaces
- John Dagys
- Marshall Pruett
- Shea Adam
- Radio Le Mans
- Midweek Motorsports
- Graham Goodwin
- SportsCar 365 Live
Porsche Drivers On Twitter
Total Car Count: Five (5) Porsche entries will be competing in the first round of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, the Mobil 1 12 of Sebring.
The GTLM Class
Porsche North America with CORE autosport #911 @PorscheNAracing
- Patrick Pilet @PatrickPilet
- Frederic Makowiecki @FredMako1
- Dirk Werner – @DWernerRacing
Porsche North America with CORE autosport #912 @PorscheNAracing
- Kevin Estre @kevinestre
- Earl Bamber @earlbamber
- Laurens Vanthoor @VanthoorLaurens
- Richard Lietz @RichardLietz
The GTD Class
Alegra Motorsport #28 @AlegraTeam
- Michael Christensen @ChristensenMK
- Daniel Morad @Daniel Morad
- Michael de Quesada – Not Active
- Spencer Pumpelly @SpencerPumpelly
Core Autosport #54 @COREautosport
- Jon Bennett – @jonbenn54
- Colin Braun @ColinBraun
- Nic Jönsson @nicjonssonracer
Park Place Motorsports #73 @ParkPlaceRacing
- Patrick Lindsey @plindsey73
- Matthew McMurry @mcmurrymatt
- Joerg Bergmeister @JBergmeister
37 Other Porsche Motorsport produced Entries Running in Sebring This Year
Besides the five (5) cars listed above, there are another 37 Porsches entered in the 12 Hours of Sebring this year including 8 Porsche Motorsport produced entries in the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge and 29 Porsche Motorsport produced entries in the IMSA Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA by Yokohama.
Don’t forget to follow @FLATSIXES if you’re not already!
If you enjoyed this post, or found it useful, please use one of the buttons below to share it with other Porsche fans on the social network of your choice.