Five (5) cars above half-a-million! That’s right, there are currently five Porsche Carrera GT supercars on eBay for $500,000 or more. I’m not sure exactly when these blew up, but little more than a year ago these could be found for slightly more than half that amount. Some of the best and most rare ones, including uber-rare paint-to-sample cars, were fetching about $325,000 or so.
The five Carrera GTs for sale below are all clad in GT Silver Metallic, by far the most popular color for the car, and all of them are pretty low mile, but are they worth a half-mil? I guess that’s for the buyer to decide, but that’s some pretty impressive market appreciation over little more than 18 to 24 months.
- Here’s a 2004 with 6,928 miles in Beverly Hills at a starting bid of $500K.
- Here’s a 2004 in San Francisco with 3,243 miles that has a buy-it-now price of $519,950.
- This one is another 2004 in Tucson, AZ with thirty-five-hundred miles and a $545,000 BIN price.
- If you’re in Saint Louis, MO and you’re looking for a high-dollar Carrera GT, perhaps this one is for you; A 2005 model with 5,036 miles that the dealer is looking to get $550K for.
- Finally, we have the most expensive CGT currently for sale on eBay, a $560,000 2005 model with 4,536 miles on the odometer.
So, What’s Your Take On It?
Is the Carrera GT worth half a million or more? Why does the value of this most-hardcore Porsche continue to go up, even after Porsche has released a faster and more capable car in the 918 Spyder? I’ve got my own theories, but please leave yours in the comments below.
Other Porsche Blog Posts You Will Enjoy
Is The Carrera GT That Paul Walker Was Killed In Destined To Become The New ‘Little Bastard’ Of Porsche Lore?
Jerry Seinfeld’s 2004 Porsche Carrera GT is For Sale
Six Months In Jail For The Two Men Suspected Of Stealing Parts From Porsche Paul Walker Was Killed In
If you enjoyed this post, please use one of the buttons below to share with other Porsche fans and like minded individuals.