On Wednesday afternoon the world was officially introduced to the 2014 Porsche Cayman at the LA Auto Show when Porsche AG President and CEO, Mattias Müller, drove the new Cayman onto the turn table at the Porsche booth. In typical Porsche fashion Müller explained how the third generation of the Porsche Cayman is lower, lighter, faster, and powerful than the previous generation, yet more efficient.
Watch the Unveiling of the 2014 Porsche Cayman by Mattias Müller
If you weren't part of the large media contingency invited to attend the unveiling than Porsche was kind enough to put together the video below that showcases the highlights of the new Cayman's introduction. If you have trouble with any of the videos on this page you can view them directly at Pictures, Pricing and Video of the All New 2014 Porsche Cayman
Pricing for the 2014 Porsche Cayman
The new Cayman arrives in dealerships during the Spring of 2013 as a 2014 model. Prices start at $52,600 for the Cayman and $63,800 for the Cayman S, not including a destination charge of $950.
More videos of the new Porsche Cayman
Shortly after the world premier of the new Cayman Porsche unveiled their newest micro-site that gives you an interactive look into the specification and features of the Cayman. In addition, they published the two videos below. The first is a gorgeously produced "exclusive" featuring the Cayman and Cayman S racing through the city and various other curvy roads on their way to what we assume is the auto show itself.
The Code of The Curve
The second introduces us to what will most likely be Porsche's new marketing campaign for the the Cayman called the "Code of the Curve". This two and half minute clip is more promotional than anything else and we can foresee a number of online and TV spots getting edited out of this take. While we're not music critics here at PorschePurist we especially like the music in this spot. After a bit of searching we think this is "Get a Life" for the German group Yes we Ken. We'll let you know if we find a way to download it.
Picture of the 2014 Porsche Cayman
We'll have lots more to follow on the completely redesigned Porsche Cayman, but here's what Porsche has put out for "official" shots for right now.
Key Specification of the 2014 Porsche Cayman
- 2.7-liter flat-six cylinder engine with 275 hp
- rear-wheel drive
- six-speed manual transmission and optional seven-speed Porsche Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (PDK)
- acceleration from zero to 60 mph in 5.4 seconds, with PDK in 5.3 seconds (5.1 seconds with Sport Chrono package)
- top speed 165 mph, with PDK 164 mph
- U.S. EPA highway label fuel economy 30 mpg; with PDK 32 mpg
Key Specification of the 2014 Porsche Cayman S
- 3.4-liter flat-six cylinder engine with 325 hp
- rear-wheel drive
- six-speed manual transmission or optional seven-speed Porsche Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (PDK)
- acceleration from zero to 60 mph in 4.7 seconds, with PDK in 4.6 seconds (4.4 seconds with Sport Chrono package)
- top speed 175 mph, 174 mph with PDK
- U.S. EPA highway label fuel economy 28 mpg; with PDK 30 mpg
- the new Cayman S has larger front brake discs from the 911 Carrera
- a standard Cayman S weighs 66 pounds less than its predecessor
Other Porsche Blog Posts You'll Enjoy
Porsche Cayenne GTS Pricing, Pictures, Specs and Video
Despite Rumors to the Contrary, Pricing for the Porsche 918 Spyder Remains Unchanged
Official Pictures, Pricing and Information on the new 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 and 4S