Back in August, during Car Week on the Monterey Peninunsula we gave you one of the first looks at Porsche’s new PCM system in the 2017 Panamera. Now, with word that Porsche plans to unveil a bevy of new Panamera models during next week’s LA Auto Show, we have even more details on the updated Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment (PRSE) option that was first offered as part of the Panamera Turbo S Exclusive Series (limited to just 100 models). Today, the system is available for all Panamera, Cayenne and Macan models.
Technical Specification of the Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment option
The system itself is comprised of two high-resolution and anti-glare 10-inch touchscreens (screen resolution: 1920 × 1200 pixels) attached to the front seat backrests. Both Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment System touchscreens are removable, so you can use them as a tablet on your lap or outside your Porsche.
- internal flash memory: 32 GB (expandable by micro SD card)
- micro SD card and micro USB interface
- integrated camera for video calling
- two sets of Porsche Bluetooth® wireless headphones
- operating system: Android®. Processor: NVIDIA Tegra 4
- sound output from integrated loudspeakers, in-car sound system, or Porsche Bluetooth® headphones
- Bluetooth® 4.0, near field communication (NFC), WiFi 802.11n MIMO, WiFi Direct
What You Can Do With the Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment Option
- media playback on the Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment System can also be controlled from the front where assistance is needed
- playback of PCM media from SD card, jukebox or CD/DVD drive, USB stick, or radio
- display of vehicle data and current navigation route with additional information
- destination can be input on the Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment System and transferred to PCM
- access to all apps available in the GOOGLE® Play Store (Internet connection can be established either by means of the Connect Plus module or by using a smartphone or tablet computer as a mobile hotspot (tethering).
Available as an Exclusive option on all Cayenne, Panamera and Macan models, the Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment option can be ordered in the U.S. at a cost of $2590 on the Cayenne and Macan and $2630 on the Panamera.