Since I bought a Porsche Cayman over 2 years ago, I have learned the hard way that there is some etiquette to owning a Porsche. I was surprised to find that there are a number of embarrassing faux pas and potentially costly mistakes that other Porsche enthusiasts will frown upon.
I have committed my fair share of these Porsche "sins" over the past couple of years. In fact, I am quite familiar with the disapproving looks at Cars and Coffee and scathing comments on YouTube that follow each indiscretion. I suppose it comes with the territory when you're a first time Porsche owner.
Through these experiences I have been able to compile a list of the Seven Deadliest Sins of Porsche ownership. Hopefully the list will help you save face at the next Cars and Coffee, or maybe even save some money. Please do not worry if you have already committed any of these "sins" yourself. I am evidence that you can still repent! Enjoy!
The 7 Deadly Sins of Porsche ownership
1. Slamming the front hood.
2. Using the wrong vocabulary like saying “Porsh” or “V6”.
3. Wearing Porsche branded apparel in public when it's not appropriate.
4. Spending too much money at the Porsche dealership.
5. Letting other people drive your Porsche unsupervised.
6. Leaving your Porsche out in the sun on a hot humid day.
7. Using an Automatic car wash.