The New York International Auto Show doesn't open to the public until a sneak preview on April 6th. However, members of the press get two days (April 4th and 5th) to walk the floors and attend all the premiers and previews. PorschePurist is in NY as of tonight, at an event hosted by Porsche, for a sneak preview of the North American debut of the new Boxster and Cayenne Diesel. Starting later tonight (or possibly early tomorrow if the party goes late) we'll be posting pics to our Facebook page and if possible we'll put together a post documenting the night's event. For now, here are the specs on the new Cayenne Diesel and another video of the new Boxster.
Pricing and Specs for the Cayenne Diesel
A number of sites have compared pricing of the Cayenne Diesel to the already available Cayenne S or V6 models. However, at $55,750 the newly available diesel Porsche is more aptly compared to the Cayenne Hybrid. In this instance it's a bit more than $14,000 less while delivering nearly identical torque numbers and comparable fuel efficiency.
- 240-hp, 3.0 liter V6 turbo diesel engine with SCR-technology and permanent all-wheel drive system with self-locking center differential
- 406 lb.-ft. of torque
- Ability to tow over 7700 lbs and the torque to do it with ease
- 0-60 mph acceleration in just 7.2 seconds and a top track speed of 135 mph
- 20 mpg city / 28 mpg highway / 23 combined on its U.S. EPA label
- up to 740 miles on a single tank of fuel
- engine block is constructed from compacted graphite iron (CGI)
- 8-speed Tiptronic S transmission, without the Auto Start/Stop function
- mechanical safeguard in the fuel tank filler neck ensures only diesel fuel can be pumped
Peak Performance from the New 2013 Porsche Boxster
Don't forget to check back with us and visit our facebook page for more updates, info and pictures.