Porsche enthusiasts have never been short of art pieces to indulge their automotive passions, but unique pieces which truly capture one’s passion are worthy of special attention. Inside the Block was initiated by a pair of designers in Munich with a passion for the 911. Their latest series of sculptures distill the form of the classic 911 down to its most basic elements, and can be customized to evoke famous Porsche racers, or even your personal car.
Per the creators, the concept centers around Micahelangelo’s quote; “Every block of stone has a statue inside it, and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it.” Unlike Michaelangelo, the sculptors are working in a decidedly post-industrial medium: ABS plastic.
Each piece is CNC-milled from a solid block of ABS plastic, and each 17″ display piece weighs in at some thirteen pounds. After milling comes hand-polishing and the the piece is finished with three coats of automotive paint. The sculptures can be customized with a wide range of colors and graphics, or ordered in a classic Martini or Brumos-Porsche livery.
Each piece ships in a custom-fitted cork box, meant to evoke the “Inside the Block” concept, complete with a machined aluminum and cork base along with signed and numbered cards that individually authenticate each piece.
How to support this project:
To back this project, visit their Kickstarter page. At present Inside the Block is right around $6,000 of their $21,692 goal, and the Kickstarter is active until April 11th. Special offers are available for backers at several levels:
- 45EUR (Approximately $48USD) or more: One of three Inside the Block Prints(DIN A2)
- 590EUR (Approximately $630USD) or more: Single Color “Early Bird.” Your choice of color, and your choice of the ducktail option.
- At press time seven of the ten offered are still available.
- 690EUR (Approximately $736USD) or more: Single color model with your choice of color and ducktail spoiler options.
- 790EUR (Approximately $843USD) or more: You’ll receive one Legend Model in either Brumos or Martini livery.
- 890EUR (Approximately $950USD) or more: You will receive one custom model, with colors, graphics, and the ducktail spoiler option as specified by you.