UPDATE: 4-23-2013 This Boxster Spec Racer is SOLD.
Boxster spec racing is an inexpensive (of course that’s relative), fun and safe way to enter the world of Porsche racing. The Boxster spec class was designed to provide a competitive racing group that controls costs and levels the playing field by removing performance advantages. The rules are such that driving ability and suspension setup should be the key factors in winning. If you’ve ever thought about taking the plunge, this Spec Boxster below could get you in the game at a reasonable price.
For sale is this never before raced 1999 Porsche Boxster Spec race car. Eligible to compete in NASA, SCCA, PCA or POC (or just use it to have a blast during DE events) you can be on the track for $25,000. If you are interested in this Porsche, or want more information than what’s below, please contact FLATSIXES.com reader Greg via email or at 765-335-2057.
Work completed includes the following:
Body & Chassis
- Professionally built roll cage
- No ballast added
- Interior gutted, doors trimmed out
- Lightweight bumper bars front and rear
- Tow hooks front and rear
- Center of bumper cut out for center radiator
- Fiberglass roof with Lexan rear window
- Hood and deck pins installed
- Rear spoiler in upright position, motor removed
- Odometer reads 84K miles
- New fuel, air and oil filter
- AASCO lightweight flywheel
- Sachs Sport Clutch
- Custom exhaust, converters deleted, Flowmaster muffler
- Under drive crank pulley
- A/C deleted
- Boxster S oil cooler
- Center mounted 996 radiator
- Lightweight Braille battery
- Bilstein PSS9 Dampers
- Porsche GT3 lower control arms
- Swift springs, front 450lb, rear 500lb
- Tarret front and rear bars, drop links
- Zimmerman cross drilled discs, front and rear
- Pagid “yellow pads” front and rear
Tires & Wheels (in addition to standard tires in wheels shown in photos)
- Toyo R-888, front 225 x 45 x 17, rear 255 x 40 x 17 9 Racing spec,new
- Wheels powder coated orange
- Gutted of all non essential equipment, including doors
- NRG slim line steering wheel quick release
- OMP steering wheel
- OMP 5 point pull up harness
- OMP TRS seat, color red
- Raised shifter
This Spec Boxster is pretty much ready to go. It will still require a few things to finish including a fire suppression system and a pull cable for the master switch. Other than that, just add graphics and your ready to get the chassis set-up and dialed in. If you’re interested in learning more, contact Greg at 765-335-2057 or via email email@example.com.
Other Porsche Blog Posts You will Enjoy
Want to Buy or Sell a Porsche? We can Help!
1998 Porsche 993 Carrera Cabriolet For Sale
2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet For Sale
Will Any of These 10 Porsches Set New Records When they Cross the Auction Block Next Month?