This year for Father’s Day, not only do we have a list of great Porsche Gift Ideas, we’re also giving away some great prizes. You may remember on Mother’s Day we gave away five case of oil courtesy of Mobil 1. Well, Mobil 1 stepped up to the plate yet again and we have another five (5) cases of your favorite oil to give away to five (5) deserving dads. But wait, there’s more…
In addition to the oil, we have a Porsche designed Emergency Illuminator manufactured by mPower to award to one (1) lucky dad. Not only can you win some life giving lubrication for your Porsche, you can also win one of the newest products on the market from the Porsche Design Studio (for more info you can check out mPower’s website or PorschePurist’s review of the Emergency Illuminator).
How To Enter our Porsche Product Giveaway
Entry couldn’t be easier. All you have to do is comment below and tell us why your dad deserves to win (and dads, if you’re the one reading this, feel free to enter yourself) . Just like we did in the Mother’s Day contest, we’ll pick the winners at random* and then assign a gift to them. Five of you will receive your favorite flavor of Mobil 1 and one lucky reader will win an Emergency Illuminator from mPower.
If you want to give yourself an even bigger chance of winning you can do one of the following:
- Refer a friend to sign-up and subscribe to our newsletter or sign-up yourself if you’re not yet subscribed
We’ll keep track of who starts following us as of the day we post this and we’ll also keep track of new subscribers. If you refer someone, just let us know in a comment below along with your entry (at the very least you’ll double your chances of winning). Remember, you don’t have to do either of the two things above if you don’t want, but they will help your odds. If you receive our posts via email, remember to click on the title of the post to visit our site and tell us why you or your dad deserves to win one of our prizes. We will send and email to the winners on Father’s day as well as announce it here on the site. So, be sure to give us a good email address when you enter!!!
Father’s Day Porsche Gift Ideas
Unfortunately, not everyone can win the contest. However, there are still lots of different gift ideas for your dad. The list below is just a short list of things you might consider this Father’s Day
I absorb as much as I can about Porsche. My information comes from online sources, magazines and the numerous Porsche Books in John’s office library. In fact, when John gets a new Porsche related book I have not yet read, I’m usually happier than he is. The list below is but a short sampling of my favorites:
- Porsche: Excellence was Expected by Karl Ludvigsen
- Porsche. The Fine Art of the Sports Car
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
- Hunt for 901 by Kevin Gosselin
- Porsche Sixty Years by Randy Leffingwell
The list above is but a small example of the many Porsche books available. For a more comprehensive list, check out the compilation of all the Porsche books we’ve reviewed here on PorschePurist.
Porsche Clothing and Apparel
John shows off his affinity for the Porsche marque whenever he can. At 6′3″ and 260 lbs, he could probably charge Porsche rent as a walking billboard for showcasing the crest as much as he does. If you’re looking for something that dad can wear to show off his passion for Porsche you have a number of different options.
- Porsche Design Driver’s Selection. Inspired by the official equipment of the Porsche works drivers, Porsche Design Driver’s Selection offers the Motorsport Collection. This is the same clothing, that until very recently, was only available to Porsche employees and Motorsport insiders.
- Porsche Shirts and Porsche Hats. Amazon.com has a large selection of Porsche clothing and hats from a number of different sellers.
At times, if seems as if Porsche and Hollywood go hand in hand. John wrote posts about the most famous Porsche movie, the most famous Porsche (as a character in a movie) and even reported on the speculation of Brad Pitt starring as Steve McQueen in an upcoming movie about the actor’s life and his affinity to racing and Porsche. If you’re looking for a quick, easy, inexpensive Porsche gift that dad can enjoy over and over, a DVD of any of the following Porsche related movies might be just the thing (some are just great car movies).
There are plenty of other car and Porsche movies available, but the list above seems to be the most popular. Prices range from $1.99 to $25.99
Porsche Driving School
Our Porsches are meant to perform and do so at a level that’s not safe to experience on the street (at least not for any length of time). The great thing about a gift likes this is that not only will your dad get to drive his Porsche the way it was meant to be driven, he’ll come out of it a safer and more confident Porsche pilot. While there are many options when it comes to driver education, the top three (in my opinion) are as follows:
- Porsche Club of America Driver Education. Dad can learn to drive his very own Porsche in a relaxed in friendly environment by a PCA certified instructor familiar with his model Porsche. Prices vary by region but the typical cost is under $200 for a day of instruction and track time.
- Porsche Sport Driving School. According to the web-site, PSDS isn’t just for novices, and it isn’t just for veteran drivers either; it’s for anyone with a love of performance vehicles and a desire to learn something new and exciting. At PSDS, your dad will enjoy more track time than at any other school, and is sure to leave with a smile cemented on his face. He will also leave with a newly found addiction to performance driving. The thing to remember about the Porsche Sport Driving School is that Dad won’t be driving his own Porsche, but rather one of many different models supplied by the school itself. Prices range from $1795 all the way to $9,995 depending on the course and length of instruction.
- Skip Barber’s High Performance Driving School. If you want dad to learn and practice advanced car-control skills – and then apply those skills almost immediately to the race track, driving high-end, world class sports cars and sedans, this is the class to get. Prices range from $1800 for a one day course to $3200 from the two day course.
Porsche Club of America Membership
- The Porsche Club of America is the largest single marque club in the world with more than 100,000 members in over 139 regions. However, the fact is, there are 100s of thousands of Porsches on the road today so there must be quite a few Porsche drivers out there who are not yet receiving the benefits of membership in the PCA. I won’t go over everything your dad will get, you can read about it on the PCA web-site or in our post about the ways to enhance your Porsche ownership. I will say, that of all the gifts on this list, membership in the Porsche Club of America provides the biggest bang for the buck. $42 dollars gives dad a 12 month membership and the chance to make life-long friends.
Porsche Designed Emergency Illuminator by mPower
- Yes, we’re giving one of these away, but only one (1) of you will get the chance to win. For the rest, you’ll need to buy your dad one. I won’t go into all the details again on why we like this light so much, but Dad will be extremely happy and in the event he needs a light in an emergency sometime in the next 20 years or so, he’ll remember your thoughtful gift while everyone else is fumbling around in the dark.
Porsche Radio Controlled Cars
Can’t afford to buy dad a real Porsche to play with. Not to worry, these two puny Porsches will still put a smile on Dad’s face.
For years I’ve been saying that John is a little kid at heart (more like a 12 year old child trapped inside a man’s body). As much as he likes our real Porsches he still enjoys playing with radio controlled Porsches too. Don’t laugh, some of the newer models available are so realistic it’s hard to tell them apart. Look at the photo below and see for yourself.
We reviewed the Tamiya Porsche GT3 Cup VIP last year and a number of you were fooled into thinking we had the real thing at our disposal (at least until you read the rest of that post). In addition to the 911 GT3 Cup car, we love the Porsche Cayenne S Transsyberia. Either one of these would make any Porsche fan smile like
me a little kid again.
Good luck and happy shopping. If you have other items that you think we should add to the list, be sure to let us know.
[Source: 993C4S; Amazon.com]