UPDATE: This contest has ended but the gift ideas are still relevant.
Each year we've posted Porsche gift ideas for Christmas, Father's day, etc. However, I just realized that until now we've never done a gift list for Mother's day. As a woman and the newest Porsche owner in our family, I thought it only right to give everyone a list specifically for their mother and to start a new tradition here on PorschePurist. In order to make sure the list incorporated gifts for all budgets we reached out to a couple of our favorite Porsche women and got their take as well. So, special thanks to Dede Seward, the Porsche queen of Facebook, as well as to frequent contributor and PorschePurist LifeStyle Editor, Valerie Roedenbeck.
In addition, Mobil1, a sponsor here on PorschePurist, has offered up five cases of Mobil1 oil (in the flavor of your choice) for us to award FREE to five lucky Moms (don't worry all you dad's, we'll be running a similar promotion for you next month). All you have to do to win a case of this liquid gold for you and your Mom's Porsche is tell us why she deserves it in a comment below. And don't worry about being selfish, if you're a mom and you're reading this post, feel free to enter yourself. After all, it is for Mother's Day.
Don't forget, if you receive this post via email, you'll need to click on the title of the post to come to our site and comment (don't reply to your email). Simply scroll to the bottom of the post and you'll see a form where you can enter your comment. Five lucky moms will be chosen at random* and we'll contact you via email to get your address and viscosity choice, it's that easy. Thanks again to Mobil1 for providing the oil!!
Porsche Related Gifts for Women
- I don't know about you, but I happen to love to cook. So, a little over a year ago when Chroma sent us a set of their Type 301 Knives (which happen to be designed by Porsche), I jumped all over it. If you haven't yet done so, I would encourage you to check out my review on the Type 301 knives and if your mom happens to be a cooking fan, then a set of these knives, or even just one all purpose Chroma knife would make a fantastic Mother's day gift.
- If you’re mom is a Porsche owner and she doesn't belong to your local owner’s club, she doesn't really know what she's missing. Here in the US, the Porsche Club of America (PCA) is king. With more than 100,000 members nationwide, there is bound to be a local and active group in your community. I personally participate in three different regions and enjoy interacting with other Porsche owners immensely. If you’re not yet a member of the PCA or similar type club, you should really think about joining up. If you’re the husband, son, daughter, sister, brother, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc of a Porsche owning mom and she's not yet a PCA member, this is a fantastic gift (the cost of membership includes 2 people). Not only will she meet other people with similar
obsessionsinterests, a membership to the PCA includes a monthly subscription to Panorama Magazine.
- There aren't really any books on Porsche dedicated to women that I'm aware of, but John thinks Fast Ladies: Female Racing Drivers 1888 to 1970 holds promise based wholly on the following review. I'm not so sure I agree, but I'll let you decide. 🙂
"Most impressive is the picture research, which shows lesbian racer and Nazi spy Violette Morris at home and the first shot I've seen of Bob Cowell after he became Roberta ..." – Motor Sport
- Based on how many copies the following book has sold, there can't be many people left out there that haven't read it. However, if you're mom is on that list, you might want to consider give her a copy of The Art of Racing in the Rain. If you're not sure why she might like it, check out our review here on PorschePurist
- If you're mom is into gadgets, you might want to check out the new Porsche Designed Emergency Illuminator from mPower. We'll be posting a review on this one-of-a-kind flashlight in the next week or so. Two things you should know about this light. 1. It's designed by Porsche. 2. It's the only flashlight in the world with a battery that has a shelf life of 20+ years.
- This Porsche Key Chain or Neck Lanyard with Swarovski Crystals looks interesting. The Porsche logo is made from Swarovski crystals and the lanyard is large enough to fit around your neck to hold your racing passes or, you can use it as a key chain too. Personally, I like the idea of a key chain. I always tell John I would use my keys as a weapon if I were mugged, with my big Porsche Cayenne key on the end of this, I could really get some momentum behind my swing. 🙂
Porsche Gift Suggestions from Valerie and Dede
- The ultimate luxe gift: the Porsche Sports Driving School Women's only course. I gave this to my Mom for her birthday and it was a wonderful experience for a car-loving woman. Instructors are very good, the atmosphere is friendly, and being surrounded by 20 other car-loving women is just fantastic. Participating women receive special treats at the Ross Bridge Resort and a discount on Spa Services.
- If you're feeling really generous, this Porsche Design Driver's Selection Handbag (in cream or black) would compliment many different looks.
- If Mom loves her Porsche and exercise, a Porsche tracksuit is a great treat!
- If your Mom is like my Mom, she loves her Porsche and anything she can pamper it with. The wheel cleaning kit is fun and the car care case is very complete
- For the budget gift giver, crested valve stem caps are a nice touch: Porsche valve stem caps
[Source: 993C4S, Amazon, Porsche Design, Valerie Roedenbeck, Dede Seward]
*Well, not really. 🙂