Porsche was a bit late this year providing details on how to watch the live broadcast of their press conference at this year's North American International Auto Show (Detroit). As a result, it's possible that a number of you with interest didn't get a chance to watch the world premier of the 2012 911 Cabriolet live as it happened. Never fear, we have the complete recording available for you here.
Amdittedly, this year's show isn't as exciting as last year's introduction of the Porsche 918 RSR concept, but it still provided some valuable insight into Porsche's future plans.
Highlights from the World Premier of the 2012 Porsche 911 Cabriolet
- 2011 saw record sales of nearly 120,000 Porsches
- Porsche plans to double sales to more than 200,000 customer deliveries by 2018
- Affirmed the importance of the North American Market through the construction of the new Customer Experience Center in Atlanta
- Hinted at many new models to come in order to meet aggressive sales figures
- The 911 Carrera Cabriolets will be available later in the spring of 2012. The new 2012 911 Carrera Cabriolet will have a base MSRP of $93,700, while the 2012 911 Carrera S Cabriolet base MSRP will be $103,800 (excluding destination).